It is, in fact, called‘’ Articled Training ‘’ which is mandatory for all CA students for 3 years under a Practicing Chartered Accountant to get practical knowledge in their profession. No exemption will be given to any CA student from this training. It is Full-Time Training ( from 10.00 AM to 05.00 PM ) with regular online attendance. Audit Training and Industrial Training are also included in this Practical Training.
When can one register for CA Practical Training?
- Foundation Route students can commence after completing Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) and passing either or both groups of Intermediate Examination.
- For Direct Entrants coming through the Graduation and Post-Graduation routes, the practical training commences immediately after registration in the Intermediate Course and the completion of four weeks of ICITSS.
- Students who have passed the Intermediate level Examination of the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India can commence only after completing ICITSS and passing either group or both groups of Intermediate Examination.
What is the importance of Practical Training for a CA?
The unique requirement of practical training/articled training is instrumental in shaping a well-rounded professional and also ensures that students have an opportunity to acquire on-the-job work experience of a professional nature.
Such practical training…
- Inculcates a disciplined attitude for hard work.
- Develops necessary skills in applying theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
- Provides exposure to the overall socio-economic environment in which organizations operate.
- Develops ethical values.
- Developing Skills in applying Theoretical Knowledge to Practical Knowledge.
- Inculcating the Discipline Attitude
- Imbibing Due Professional orientation
- Developing Ethical Values
How to register for Practical Training under a CA?
- A CA Student who intends to undergo Articleship Training shall first find a CA Firm that has a vacancy for Article Trainees. Not all CA Firms have vacancies for keeping article trainees as ICAI has enforced a maximum limit on CA’s for training articles.
- Once, a CA trainee has found a chartered accountant who has articleship vacancies for training CA Students, and that chartered accountant has also agreed to register and train that CA Student, the CA Student has to inform the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India about the same.
- At the time of starting articleship training, the CA Student has to intimate ICAI that he is starting articleship and furnish all relevant details regarding the same. He would be required to purchase Form 102 and Form 103 on payment of Rs. 50 from ICAI for articleship registration and furnish all details as asked in these forms.
- Form 102 and Form 103 for Registration of Articleship can also be downloaded from the website of ICAI. In case these forms are downloaded online, the CA Student would be required to pay Rs. 50 extra which he would normally be required to pay in case these registration forms were purchased physically from ICAI branches. (Download Form 102 & Form 103 online)
Articleship Registration Form 102: Deed of Articles:
- The deed of articles should be executed on a “Non-Judicial Stamp Paper” or “Special Adhesive Stamps” of the requisite value should be affixed.
- The deed of articles should be executed for the full period of 3 years. A deed showing a lesser period will not be accepted.
- The deed of articles should be executed in printed Form in duplicate and signed both by the articled assistant and the chartered accountant concerned.
- The original deed should be retained by the Chartered Accountant and a duplicate copy thereof should be given to the articled assistant.
- The deed of articles is not required to be submitted to ICAI for registration.
Articleship Registration Form 103: Statement of Particulars:
Articleship Registration Form 103 is required to be submitted in triplicate – one copy to be submitted to ICAI, one copy each to be retained by the CA, and the article. Form 103 should be signed by both the CA as well as the Article Assistant.
A copy of the articleship registration form should be submitted to ICAI along with:-
- Attested copy of mark-sheet of IPCC Exams
- Attested copy of Secondary/ Higher School Certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- Requisite Fees by way of Demand Draft i.e. Rs. (Rs. 50 extra in case the Forms were downloaded online)
- Attested Copy of completion of ITT & Orientation Program
Copies of all these forms should be attested by the CA under whom the articleship training is being done.
Articleship Registration Form 103 along with the requisite documents and fees should reach ICAI within 30 days from the date of commencement of articleship. In case, a student is unable to submit Form 103 within 30 days, Form 103 should be accompanied by a handwritten application stating the reason for the late submission of the articleship form. This application referred to as an application for Condonation of Delay and should be signed by both the article assistant as well as the CA.
Articleship Registration Fees :
- At the time of Articleship Registration, the article trainee is required to pay a fee of Rs. 2,000. In case these articleship registration fees have already been paid at the time of IPCC Registration, you are not required to pay these fees again.
- The Fee shall be payable by way of demand draft/ bankers cheque drawn on any bank in the name of “Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at Mumbai/Kolkatta/ Chennai/ Kanpur/ New Delhi as the case may be.
Students are requested to note that although they can start their articleship after clearing IPCC Group I, they can register for CA Final only after clearing both the groups of IPCC.